Incorporating Google in Investigations and Analysis
Brian Bowen Police Officer, Merced Police Department
Scott Tuma IP Program Director, PenLink
Law Enforcement-Led Thought Leadership Series
DATE AND TIME
Wednesday, July 8, 2:00 pm CT
Online via GoToWebinar
Discover how you can acquire an entire treasure of intel for your cases by including data/content from Google. In this session, you’ll learn how to expand your investigation and analysis beyond logins and Gmail emails.
- Available Google Services that you can request in your search warrants
- Location history: uncover how historical Google locations can help provide intel on cold cases
- The power of Google search history (including searches on google.com and in google maps)
- The plethora of data you can get from Google, including login/logout activity, photos with EXIF data, info from google drive and google docs, and more
- What is a Google geofence, how easy is it to get this data, and how powerful can it be?
- Insights from YouTube
- Expand cases to include: Google Voice, Google Hangouts and Google Play
- Hear success stories of how Google location history helped on live cases
Brian Bowen, Merced Police Department
Officer Bowen has been a police officer for 15 years and has been employed with Merced P.D. for approximately 13 years. He has been a Field Training Officer (FTO), Gang Violence Suppression Unit officer (GVSU), and is currently assigned to the Merced Area Gang Narcotic Enforcement Team (MAGNET) as a gang officer. Officer Bowen has testified as a gang expert against numerous sub-sets of gangs, has been a part of historical investigations where PenLink software was used, and has run social media wire intercepts of Facebook and Snapchat. Additionally, Officer Bowen has worked closely with the Google security team in regards to location history and best strategies for writing legal requests.
Scott Tuma, IP Program Director, PenLink
Mr. Tuma has over 13 years of experience at PenLink. He works closely with Law Enforcement Agencies at the State, Federal, and International level, focused exclusively on internet communication data in investigations.
PenLink is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. Your information is never shared or sold. To learn more about how and why your information is being collected, contact PenLink's Marketing Department